BEGA News and Info
- The BEGA Board of Directors, Officers and League Presidents met on March 7th. Minutes of the meeting can be found here.
- The first 2019 monthly tournament was held at Goose Pond March 23rd. What a wonderful day for golf at Goose Pond!! We had 58 golfers. It was a little cool early but the weather was perfect after a few holes.
- Linda Brooks is our new Tournaments Director for 2019. Lance Morris and Jay McCluskey will be the 2019 co-presidents of the Saturday League. They all will be replacing Brian Nye, who is moving to South Carolina. Please let Brian known how much you appreciate all his efforts over the last couple of years for the monthly tournaments and Saturday League play. Also, please give Linda, Lance and Jay your support for the up coming monthly tournaments and Saturday League play.
- Travel'N'Golf will be opening up the 2019 season with another trip to the desert (Mesquite, Nevada) April 27-May 2. Initial event details along with the entry form are now posted. This trip will once again fall into the "bucket list" category for our members and guests.
- The 2018 Yearend Update has been posted below in the From the President & Board section below. Thanks to all of you, this has been another good year for BEGA and 2019 should be just as good.
- The fall TravelNGolf event is now complete and the daily results have been posted on the 2018 Perdido Key Golf Classic link. Final comments from Mike & Linda and payouts have been posted. Thanks to everyone who helped make this tournament a success.
- The BEGA Club Championship was held October 20th at Hampton Cove between the winners of each BEGA League. The presidents and winners for the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday leagues were represented. Tom Franks won the competition and is the overall 2018 BEGA champion. Congratulations to all the league winners.
- BEGA is now on Facebook. This is a closed group for BEGA Members and their spouses. It was created to allow us to communicate members activity - bragging rights, gentle pokes, and to add photos individually.
- Don't forget that each player is responsible for recording their own scores in either the BEGA or GHIN handicap systems.